March 20th - 21st, 2018
9:00am - 3:00pm
$50 per day or $75 for both days, $20 late fee after March 9th, $30 for Vet CEU's per day
The Wisconsin Dairy and Beef Well-being Conference, slated for March 20 and 21, 2018, will be held at Tundra Lodge Conference Center in Green Bay. It will feature industry-leading professionals addressing animal handling and well-being topics. This conference promises to offer exciting opportunities for farmers, agriculture professionals, and farm workers.
New for 2018 is a pre-conference geared specifically toward dairy workers. Presented simultaneously in both English and Spanish, attendees will learn how everyday tasks can influence animal well-being. This is an excellent learning opportunity for farm workers who handle cattle on a daily basis.
Dairy Worker Pre-Conference:
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018: Focused on the dairy worker – provided in both English and Spanish attendees will cover topics including residue prevention, pain management of dehorning, lameness, and carcass quality related to animal handling
Wisconsin Dairy and Beef Well Being Conference:
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018: Will feature presenters:
- Kay Johnson-Smith, President & CEO, Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Aerica Bjurstrom, Agriculture Agent, UW-Extension Kewaunee County
- Robert Hagevoort, Associate Professor & Extension Dairy Specialist, New Mexico State University’s Agriculture Science Center at Clovis
- Casey Davis, Cattle Procurement Manager, JBS Green Bay
- Christopher Jacobs, Market Manager – Bonduel, Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
- Sheila Harsdorf, Wisconsin State Secretary of Agriculture
The conference will be held at Tundra Lodge Conference Center Green Bay, 865 Lombardi Ave, Green Bay, WI 54304. Registration deadline is March 9th; one day registration is $50 per person, discounted rate of $75 per person for both days. Veterinarian CEU credits have been applied for and will be an additional fee of $30. Registrations received after March 9thwill be charged a $20 late fee. The conference is National FARM Program endorsed and qualifies for two Beef Quality Assurance recertification credits.
Please visit http://fyi.uwex.edu/animalhusbandryconference/ for the program agenda and registration information. The program is presented by UW-Extension. Gold sponsors include: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association, and Dairy Business Association.
For more information on the conference, contact Sarah Mills-Lloyd at 920-834-6845 or Aerica Bjurstrom at 920-388-7138.
Tundra Lodge Resort & Conference Center
865 Lombardi Ave
Green Bay WI 54304