FoodWIse helps people in Fond du Lac and Green Lake Counties…
- Purchase and prepare healthy meals and snacks based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Keep food safe to eat.
- Increase their food security by learning how to manage money.
Area Food Resources– updated August, 2016 – includes information on food pantries, meal sites, senior dining program, SHARE, and FoodShare Wisconsin in Fond du Lac County and surrounding areas.
Recursos para alimentos en estra área – Spanish translation of Area Food Resources list.
Wisconsin Connections is an educational series intended to assist families wanting to connect to state and federal support programs. The series provides a brief overview of assistance programs in the following categories:
- Cash Assistance and Tax Credits
- Child Care & Child Support
- Food & Nutrition
- Health Care
- Home & Energy
Wisconsin Food Security Project – provides a cutting-edge interactive website for exploring and documenting food security and the food security infrastructure in Wisconsin. Designed as a resource for community planners, policymakers, educators, nonprofits, researchers, advocates, the media, and anybody interested in food security in Wisconsin, the website provides a wealth of local data related to food security, economic well-being, public and private food assistance programs, the retail food environment, selected health outcomes, and demographics.
ADVOCAP Head Start Directorio de Recursos (PDF file – 343 KB)
WNEP partners with other community agencies to provide free education for families and individuals who receive or are eligible to receive FoodShare.
- Federal FoodShare Program
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
- Head Start
- Food and Nutrition Service Child Nutrition
- Food Distribution Programs
INFORMATIVE NUTRITION LINKS
- Food Safety Information & Publications
- USDA New Dieteary Guidelines
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- WI Nutrition Education Network
- Wisconsin FoodShare– Food Stamp Program