WI Nutrition Education Program (WNEP)
The Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program (WNEP) helps people in Fond du Lac and Green Lake Counties…
- Purchase and prepare healthy meals and snacks based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the Food Guide Pyramid.
- Keep food safe to eat.
- Increase their food security by learning how to manage money.
Area Food Resources - updated March 5, 2013 - includes information on food pantries, meal sites, senior dining program, SHARE, and FoodShare Wisconsin in Fond du Lac County and surrounding areas.
Recursos para alimentos en estra área - Spanish translation of Area Food Resources list.
ADVOCAP Head Start Directorio de Recursos (PDF file – 343 KB)
WNEP partners with other community agencies to provide free education for families and individuals who receive or are eligible to receive food stamps.
- Federal Food Stamp Program
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
- Head Start
- Food and Nutrition Service Child Nutrition
- Food Distribution Programs
INFORMATIVE NUTRITION LINKS
- Food Safety Information & Publications
- USDA New Dieteary Guidelines
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- WI Nutrition Education Network
- Wisconsin FoodShare- Food Stamp Program
Amanda Miller, WNEP Coordinator/Family Living Educator
Fond du Lac County UW-Extension
227 Administration/Extension Bldg.
400 University Drive, Fond du Lac WI 54935-2998
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org In Green Lake County, please contact:
Beth Johnson, Family Living Educator
Green Lake County UW-Extension
517 County Road A, Box 3188 (mailing address)
Green Lake WI 54941-3188
Pamela Nelson - email@example.com
Kris Schaeffer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Woolhether - email@example.com
Susan (Sue) Siegesmund, Program Assistant II
UW-Extension Fond du Lac County firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Zills, Administrative Assistant, UW-Extension Green Lake County
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program (WNEP) education is supported by the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), UW-Extension, FoodShare Wisconsin, and local partners. In Wisconsin, FoodShare can help provide a healthy diet. To find out more about FoodShare in Fond du Lac County, call 1-888-446-1239. Wisconsin residents can also go to this web site for more information: www.access.wi.gov